Self-Awareness is about being aware of the way you feel and the impact your feelings can have on decisions, behaviour and performance. When we are emotionally self-aware we are present with the role feelings are playing in our decisions, behaviour and performance. When we are not, we are often disconnected from this influence.
- They share what they like and do not like about things. They are open, honest and to the point. You always know where you stand with them.
- They know what emotions and events can contribute to bias in their thinking and decision-making which makes them rational and critical thinkers.
- They always ask themselves why they are responding to things the way they do and what impact are they are having on others.
- They always seek feedback from others on their behaviours and how they impact others.
- They take the time to consider what they can be like in their best and worst mood at work.
- The behave in a way that is consistent with how they describe themselves to be.
Marcus van Wyk